Anxiety is often a common occurrence in everyone’s life. Sometimes common anxieties look like worry about job security, thoughts about making a financial commitment, concerns about relationship or social issues, or worry about being late to an appointment. Anxiety signals can be a warning to help anticipate difficulties or issues, and then taking steps to prepare for them. Anxiety becomes a problem when it interferes with daily living and ability to function.
Symptoms of Anxiety Signals That Increase Over Time
Very often, small indications of anxiety become chronic, meaning they occur more and more frequently, and slowly the symptoms of anxiety begin to make one feel uncomfortable, out of control, or helpless. The following anxiety signals or symptoms may have started out as small annoyances, but over time began to impact and disrupt daily living and functioning.
- Muscle tension
- Feeling physically tired and weak
- Having difficulty with remembering small details, meeting times or appointments
- Finding it difficult to unwind and relax
- Complaining of having an upset stomach more and more often
- Having sweaty hands, heart palpitations, or shortness of breath without a medical reason
- Worry begins to take over your thoughts
- Sleep issues, sometimes not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep
Anxiety Signals for Help
When small symptoms start to add up, combine, or become chronic and more disrupting, it is a signal to a developing problem, alerting you to seek out help and treatment. The first step to easing your worry and anxiety is to listen to the messages your body is sending you and make an appointment with a mental health professional experienced in the evaluation and treatment of anxiety.
Atlanta Anxiety Specialist
If your body is trying to get you to listen to the message that anxiety is affecting your life, then it is time to make the call to Dr. Hege, an Atlanta psychiatrist specializing in worry and anxiety treatment. Make the call for a confidential appointment with weekend and evening hours readily available to meet your life demands.